In our last haul post, we talked about our journey across five cities to find all the greatest Halloween decor. Now, we're covering just the items that feature Frankenstein's monster, Dracula, the Bride of Frankenstein and more Universal Monsters!
1) Frankenstein's monster features pretty heavily in our haul this year and we're starting off with this incredible door cover from Spirit Halloween. It's cloth and fits over a door sort of like a fitted bed sheet. Whenever I enter the dimly lit room, I see the monster lurking around the corner!
2) This wooden wall art, also from Spirit Halloween, shows various shots from the original Frankenstein movie. So good!
3) I hadn't unboxed this one yet, but one of our first Halloween pickups this season was the Frankenstein and Bride salt and pepper set from Cracker Barrel.
4) This late haul includes a candy-corn figure (Dollar General), a small cup with straw (Dollar General), squishy figure (Walgreens), and jack o'lantern (Walgreens) and each have a Frankenstein theme.
5) This vinyl wall hanging features all of the traditional Universal Monsters (Spirit Halloween)!
6) The aforementioned door cover is flanked by a decal, magnet and fleece throw all from Spirit Halloween and have the Frankenstein monster front and center.
7) It was a bit of a tussle at Spirit Halloween, but I ultimately walked away with this Frankenstein tin (okay, the tussle was with my brother). I've also stocked up on spooky socks including the Frankenstein character socks (Spirit Halloween), Frankenstein crew socks (Dollar Tree) and the Frankenstein mad science lab design (Universal Studios Store).
8) The monster's mate makes a merch appearance! The NECA black and white Bride of Frankenstein figure is seen here (and below) in all her glory! And next to the box is a dancing resin statue from HomeGoods. You'll also see a Mary Shelley Frankenstein-headed bottle from Michaels, a straw and cup combo from Dollar Tree and a Frankenstein candle from Menards!
9) We said this haul was Frankenstein heavy, but we did find a few other monsters, too. From the Universal Studios store comes this mug featuring vintage-style artwork from the Creature from the Black Lagoon!
10) And it would suck (eh!) if we didn't find some Dracula merch, too! Here's a Dracula boy resin decor figure (Menards), a Dracula Pez (Michaels), candle (Menards) and straw/cup combo (Dollar Tree).
That's it for the Halloween Haunt 2023 Universal Monsters haul! We know there were some monster-themed merch that was sold out at the stores we visited. Did we miss anything this year?